Thomas Murray: Personal & Authentic Leading and Learning in Uncertain Times
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- Thomas Murray
June 9, 2020
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
As a result of the positive feedback from his recent online workshop, “Learning Transformed”, Midwest Principals’ Center is excited to announce the return of Thomas C. Murray on Tuesday, June 9th. Read below for more details.
Personal & Authentic Leading and Learning
in Uncertain Times
Online Interactive Workshop on June 9, 2020 from 9:00am-2:30pm
(Lunch Break 11:30-12:30pm)
In the last few months, our comfort zones have been stretched. The global pandemic of 2020 has transformed virtually all aspects of what we’ve known inside and outside of our school walls. During these unprecedented times, with so many uncertainties for the foreseeable future, how can educators lead with purpose and support personal and authentic, learner-centric experiences, either back in a school building or in a remote setting? How can educators create cultures of innovation in a remote setting, seeking not just to survive, but to thrive, regardless of the limitations we are forced to operate under this fall?
This two part, highly interactive workshop will provide educators with knowledge and resources to tackle the unforeseen issues that will arise, as well as intentional time to connect with other leaders from around the country. Together, we will collaboratively brainstorm issues around learning loss, social distancing while at school, and ideas districts are considering to innovatively solve problems that are soon coming our way. It’s not if, but when.
In the morning session, participants will dive deeply into the Future Ready Framework, to consider evidence-based practices that can be translated to a remote environment. From the effective use of educational technology, to the professional learning needed for transformation, to keeping privacy at the forefront, the coming obstacles also bring opportunities. The afternoon session will support participants in building and sustaining a culture for learning, as well as the components of personal and authentic experiences that respect the hidden stories within each child and are learner-centered by design. These experiences are filled with moments of awe, and the learning is inherently relevant and contextualized. Appropriate levels of flexibility in pace and path are granted so that agency can develop, while authentic feedback ensures fidelity in the learning process.
The work is hard, but our kids are worth it!
Join Thomas Murray for this engaging and collaborative workshop, where you will:
- Reflect on your role in creating a culture of innovation, regardless of the setting;
- Explore a framework for large scale transformation, as well as one to support learner-centered experiences in any environment;
- Identify issues related to equity in access and opportunity to support each learner; and
- Leave motivated to continue the needed work in your school or district moving forward, with hundreds of practical free resources for your team.
Venue: On-Line Webinar
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].