Thomas Murray – Learning Transformed: 8 Keys to Designing Tomorrow’s Schools Today-On-Line Webinar
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- April 28, 2020
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
“Learning Transformed: 8 Keys to Designing
Tomorrow’s Schools TODAY”
This will be an On-Line Webinar
IL. Admin. Academy #3014
(Leading Future Ready Schools)
April 28, 2020
Thomas Murray serves as the Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools—a Project of the Alliance for Excellent Education, located in Washington, D.C. He has testified before the United States Congress and works alongside that body and the U.S. Senate, the White House, the U.S. Department of Education and state departments of education, corporations, and school districts throughout the country to implement student-centered, personalized learning. Tom serves as a regular conference keynote, was named the “2017 Education Thought Leader of the Year,” one of “20 to Watch” by NSBA, and the “Education Policy Person of the Year” by the Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2015. His best-selling book, Learning Transformed: 8 Keys to Designing Tomorrow’s Schools, Today was published by ASCD in 2017.
Overview: Having no historical precedent, the current speed of technological breakthroughs has led to the coming age of workplace automation, dramatically altering the world of work that our students will enter upon graduation. With the vast disparities of inequity that have existed for centuries, all that is known about how students learn, and the predictions regarding the world that our students will face, utilizing a traditional, one-size-fits-all approach to teaching and learning is educational malpractice. Built upon the foundation of leadership and school culture, a redesigned learning experience fundamentally shifts the teaching and learning paradigm to one that is personal, while altering the use of authentic assessments, how technology is leveraged, the spaces in which the learning occurs, the way educators grow professionally, how schools collaborate with the community, and ultimately, the sustainability of the system as a whole. In this workshop, Murray will dissect these eight keys, which each serve as a puzzle piece for redesigning the learning experience, to unlock tomorrow’s schools so that today’s modern learners leave ready to create new industries, find new cures, and solve world problems. Learn how we can create tomorrow’s schools today and be part of the solution. Leave challenged, inspired, and proud of the work we do each day!
- Develop a deeper understanding of strategies to transform teaching, learning, and leadership through evidence-based strategies.
- Understand what it takes to build leadership capacity and create a culture of innovation in your school.
- Identify elements to make learning personal and authentic for all students.
- Work to create learning spaces that meet the needs of today’s students while setting the stage for improved outcomes, even on little to no budget.
- Understand what educational technology practices are worth the time and which are a waste of time and money.
- Explore and leverage educator=curated digital tools and resources to support your practice.
- Understand how to share the great things happening in your school in relevant ways.
Location & Time:
Early Bird Registration (before Oct. 15) $205.00
Early Bird Registration (before Oct. 15) $230.00
Member Registration $220.00
Member Registration (with book) $245.00
Non-Member Registration: $300.00
Non-Member Registration (with book) $325.00
Learning Transformed book is an additional $25.00
Venue: On-Line Webinar
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].