The Right Drivers for School and System Change in Post- Pandemic Times – Michael Fullan
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- October 7, 2021
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
MIDWEST PRINCIPALS’ CENTER & ILLINOIS ASCD
invite you to an ON-LINE workshop
The Right Drivers for School and System Change in Post- Pandemic Times*
October 7, 2021
Illinois Administrators’ Academy #3837: Reconstructing Leadership in a Culture of Change
“The more complex society gets, the more sophisticated leadership must become.”
Michael Fullan, OC is the former Dean of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, and Professor Emeritus of the University of Toronto. He is co-leader of the New Pedagogies for Deep Learning Global Initiative (npdl.global). Recognized as a worldwide authority on educational reform, he advises policymakers and local leaders in helping to achieve the moral purpose of all children learning. Michael is a prolific, award-winning author whose books have been published in many languages. He received the Order of Canada in December 2012. He holds honorary doctorates from several universities around the world.
Post-pandemic times create a tangible opportunity for school leaders to make positive change happen. The pandemic phenomenon has exposed silver linings and golden pockets that can serve to accelerate system transformation. Join Michael Fullan as he shares ways to effectively lead our schools forward, using the most powerful “drivers” as levers for continuous improvement.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Focus on key themes that will allow them to lead effectively
- Identify their own strengths and leadership qualities
- Gain new insights into global competencies and the application of Deep Learning practices
- Learn how to be effective in their own setting given system conditions
8:30-9:45 Nuance Leadership for maximizing learning
9:45-10:30 Case examples of effective change Leadership self-inventory assessment tool
10:45-12:00 Deep Learning: Developing Global Competencies and Learning Designs
12:00-1:00 Lunch break
1:00-2:30 Lessons from case studies on Deep Learning
Registrants who select the add-on book option will receive a copy of Nuance: Why Some Leaders Succeed and Others Fail (2018) for an additional cost of $25. Books will be mailed to attendee’s school address prior to the workshop.
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].