The Emerging Leaders Academy
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- August 2, 2018 - June 10, 2019
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Developing the Next Generation of School Leaders
Bill Melsheimer, is a former public school principal and private school head/superintendent with 37 years of administrative experience. He currently serves on the Midwest Principals’ Center (MPC) Advisory Board and previously was a regional facilitator for MPC serving as a professional developer of principals. Bill is the former co-director for the Consortium for Educational Change C.L.A.S.S. Leadership Coaching Program that served and supported principals, assistant principals, principal interns, and district administrators. Bill was an associate and educational consultant for the administrative/executive search firm Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA).
The Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) invites school administrators to “tap” teachers, team leaders, counselors,instructional coaches, coordinators, department chairs, and deans who want to train as the next generation of schoolleaders through the innovative ELA Program. This Program is designed to develop the leadership capacity of talented and potential school leaders who have a genuine interest and show promise to serve as future school administrators. This passageway will connect theory and practice so emerging school leaders can develop the necessary, critical attributes of school leadership. This Program prepares future school leaders and supports those presently in leadership positions who wish to continue to grow and develop.
You may want to view the Emerging Leaders Academy CANDIDATE SELECTION ATTRIBUTES HERE
Each participant will:
- Have greater clarity about your knowledge and work as an emerging school leader.
- Identify the challenges associated with your future role as a school leader.
- Develop new strategies in knowing and understanding yourself, your colleagues, your current leaders, and your school culture.
- Reach out beyond your boundaries as a future school leader.
- Develop a personal leadership vision for success.
- Create an action plan for applying the contents of the presentations in the development of your work as a future school leader.
- Connect with other aspiring school leaders in a professional learning community environment.
Time: 9:30 am -3:30 pm
Dates: August 2, October 1, December 3, 2018, February 4, March 4, June 10, 2019
Session I (Aug. 2, 2018)
- Personal Connection to Leadership
- Leadership Standards
- Leadership & Communication Styles Assessments
- Frames of Leadership
Session II (Oct. 1, 2018)
- Creating a Personal & Organization Mission & Vision
- Organization Climate & Culture
- Panel Discussion – Assistant Principals
Session III (Dec. 3, 2018)
- Time Management
- Communication & Decision-Making
- Panel Discussion – Principals
Session IV (Feb. 4, 2019)
- Instructional Leadership
- Collaborative Classroom
- Panel Discussion – Central Office Administrators
Session V (Mar. 4, 2019)
- Supervision & Evaluation
- Difficult Conversations
- Panel Discussion – Superintendents
Session VI (June 10, 2019)
- Leading Change
- Career Planning
- Panel Discussion – H. R. Administrators
*As the Emerging Leaders Academy develops over the school year, the topics may be modified based on the backgrounds, needs, and interests of the participants as determined by the ELA facilitator.
Program Fee: $750 (includes 1 MPC individual membership)
PD/CE Credit Available!
Continental breakfast and lunch is provided.
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center