College and Career Readiness–Jason Klein–An Overview of Postsecondary and Workforce Reading (PWR) Act
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
Postsecondary and Workforce Reading (PWR) Act Overview
October 14, 2021
7:45 am - 9:15 am
Do you have questions about Illinois’ major College and Career Readiness Initiatives? If so, Midwest Principals’ Center is here to help. Through its recent partnership with the Illinois P-20 Network, we are now offering a series of online introductory presentations on key College and Career Readiness topics for school leaders of all levels.
- October 14: An Overview of the Postsecondary and Workforce Reading (PWR) Act
The intent of the PWR Act and the focus of its educational reforms.
- November 18: PaCE Framework
Ensuring that all students, families and communities are engaged in career awareness.
- January 13: Career Pathways Endorsements
Restructuring schools and learning to ensure that students are mastering competencies that are in-demand in the workplace and necessary for success in a community.
- March 3: Competency-Based Education
A shift from seat time and letter grades to personalization and a mastery of concepts and skills.
During each of these 90-minute, web-based presentations, Jason Klein, Director of P-20 Initiatives, will provide a high-level overview of the key elements of Illinois’ plan. Additionally, there will be opportunity for interaction, networking, and avenues for additional support.
Presentation #1: An Overview of the Post-secondary and Workforce Reading (PWR) Act
WHEN: October 14, 2021
TIME: 7:45am – 9:15am
These presentations are free to all Midwest Principals’ Center members. If your organization is not already a member of the Midwest Principals’ Center (MPC), learn more about MPC organizational or individual membership.
For more information and to sign up, visit: www.midwestprincipalscenter.org
Venue: On-Line Webinar
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].