Peter DeWitt – Coach It Further
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- October 3, 2019
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
“Coach It Further: Using the Art of Coaching to Improve School Leadership”
(MPC & IL-ASCD Co-Sponsored Event)
Administrators’ Academy # 1851: Coaching 101 for Leaders
October 3, 2019
Peter DeWitt, a former K-5 teacher and principal, provides professional development focusing on collaborative leadership and fostering inclusive school climates. He works with numerous school districts and school boards on collaborative leadership’s 6 influences that matter most. In addition to being a school leadership coach in North America, Peter is a Visible Learning Trainer, partnering with John Hattie, and has worked with Jim Knight as an instructional coach trainer. He is the Editor for Corwin Press’ Connected Educator Series and Impact Series; his Finding Common Ground blog (EdWeek) has been in circulation since 2011. Peter is the author of several books on topics such as school climate, collaborative leadership, and his most recent title: Coach It Forward (2018).
Overview: When asked to be an instructional leader, many are unsure what that means or are unclear as to where to begin. In this workshop, Peter will illustrate how all methods of coaching can help leaders focus on the four specific areas of instructional leadership: instructional strategies, student engagement, content knowledge, and collective efficacy; additionally, how to build collective efficacy among staff in order to create a more collaborative community. Using his research and that of Tschannen-Moran & Barr, Kuhn, Hattie, and others, Peter will teach participants ways to engage in impactful leadership coaching that strengthen instructional leadership from multiple perspectives.
Participants will learn:
- Why leadership coaching can be a powerful method to enable leaders to become more successful.
- The challenges leaders face that often prevent them from reaching instructional leadership.
- The meaning of collective efficacy and the complexities of building it with staff.
- Why opportunity, purpose, expectations, and next steps are important to leadership coaching.
- The characteristics often sought in high-quality leaders.
Location & Time:
Medinah Shrine Center, 550 North Shriners Drive
8:30 am—3:15 pm
Registration and Continental Breakfast 8:00 am – 8:30 am
Lunch is provided.
*Registration Fee includes a free copy of Peter DeWitt’s book “Coach It Further”
Early Bird Individual Member or Partner District Member (Before June 30) $225
Individual Member or Partner District Member $240
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].