Jimmy Casas-Live Your Excellence: The Critical Truth All School Leaders Need to Know
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- Live Your Excellence: The Critical Truth All School Leaders Need to Know
October 6, 2020
8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Live Your Excellence: The Critical Truth All School Leaders Need to Know
OCTOBER 6, 2020
Online Interactive Workshop 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Illinois Administrators Academy #1374:
“Implementing a Social Emotional Learning System Wide to Improve Student Achievement”
Jimmy Casas served twenty-two years as a school leader, including fourteen years as Principal at Bettendorf High School. Under his leadership, Bettendorf was named one of the Best High Schools in the country three times by Newsweek and US News & World Report.
Jimmy was named the 2012 Iowa Secondary Principal of the Year and was selected as one of three finalists for NASSP 2013 National Secondary Principal of the Year. In 2014, Jimmy was invited to the White House to speak on the Future Ready Schools pledge. Jimmy is also the author of five books, “What Connected Educators Do Differently,” “Start. Right. Now. – Teach and Lead for Excellence,” the best-selling book “Culturize – Every Student. Every Day. Whatever it Takes,” “Stop. Right. Now. – The 39 Stops to Making Schools Better,” and his latest release, Live Your Excellence: Bring Your Best Self to School Every Day.
Remember when you wanted to become a school leader? How excited you were? How you were going to inspire others to be great?
In this COVID 19 World, times have changed! How can we regroup? How can we regain our excitement about helping teachers make the most of their learning environments – what ever they may look like? As tough as times are we all can do better when we have a better understanding of the skills we need to develop to become more effective. In this session, Jimmy Casas, twenty two-year veteran principal and best-selling author of Culturize: Every Student. Every Day. Whatever It Takes., will share his shortcomings and the critical truths that he learned the hard way on his path to becoming a state and national award winning educational leader.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Re-establish their why & their purpose for the work they do.
- Develop processes, frameworks and systems.
- Lead learning in your school.
- How to build a culture of excellence.
- Incorporate new initiatives without hurting your culture.
- Master difficult conversations.
Attendees will gain the following practical skills:
- Effective Communication – addressing the “awfulizers” (negative people) in their organization.
- Build Capacity – empowering everyone in the organization to see themselves as leaders.
- Effective Change – how to create a process for implementing effective change
- Addressing Underperformance – re-igniting those who have lost their way.
- Overcoming the average in your organization.
Morning Session (8:00 – 11:00)
- Q & A Opportunities
- Collaborative Breakout Sessions
LUNCH BREAK (11:00 – 12:00)
Afternoon Session (12:00 – 2:30)
Action Plan Time
Registrants who select the add-on book option will have a copy of Casas’ Culturize mailed to them directly for the additional cost of $25.
Venue: On-Line Webinar
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].