LEADER as COACH – Jim Knight
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- LEADER as COACH
March 4, 2021
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
An Online Interactive Workshop
MARCH 4, 2021
8:30am – 2:30pm (Lunch 11:30am)
(Illinois Administrators’ Academy(IAA #932)
Jim Knight has spent more than two decades studying professional learning, effective teaching, and instructional coaching. He is a Research Associate at the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning and the President of the Instructional Coaching Group. Jim’s early work popularized the idea of instructional coaching, having written or co-authored several books on the topic. Jim has authored numerous articles on professional learning, teaching, and instructional coaching have appeared in journals such as The Journal of Staff Development, Principal Leadership, The School Administrator, Kappan, and Educational Leadership.
Frequently asked to lead professional learning, Jim has presented to more than 30,000 educators from six continents. His current work can be found and followed at: www.radicallearners.com, www.instructionalcoaching.org, jimknightoncoaching.squarespace.com, and twitter.com/@jimknight99.
To lead change effectively, leaders need to know how to coach others effectively.
During this session, participants will learn how a strong coaching process and key coaching skills can make a significant and immediate difference to the many conversations in which school leaders engage every day.
During this session participants will:
- Gain a clear understanding of what coaching is and how it is similar to and different from other ‘learning though talking’ interactions
- Explore the difference between ‘coaching’ and ‘a coaching approach’ and when to use each
- Build confidence to use the GROWTH coaching framework
- Develop familiarity with the elements of the GROWTH Coaching System
- Provide a practical way of setting and achieving professional goals
- Provide an opportunity for direct experience of the impact of coaching conversations applied to real education topics
- Consolidate coaching knowledge, skills and confidence as a result of practice with reflection and feedback
This session is designed to provide participants with an intensive learning experience leading to an understanding of coaching skills anyone can use, a coaching way of being, a proven coaching process, and the better conversations beliefs and habits.
Who should attend?
This workshop is appropriate for people who want to improve their communication and coaching skills, but it is especially designed for educational leaders and coaches in leadership positions.
Venue: On-Line Webinar
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].