Justin Baeder – Enhancing Positivity & Productivity in your School Office
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- August 1, 2019
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
A workshop for Admin Assistants and Office Staff
Co-Sponsored by the Midwest Principals’ Center and the Illinois ASCD
Justin Baeder is Director of The Principal Center and the High- Performance Instructional Leadership Network. Justin spent the first 10 years of his career as a teacher and principal in Seattle Public Schools. Since 2012, he has served as a full-time consultant and director of The Principal Center, speaking at national conventions
such as NAESP and ASCD to help school leaders become more productive by using high-performance strategies and technology to increase their impact on student learning. He writes new articles each week on productivity for school administrators at Eduleadership.org.
Overview: Justin returns again this year to provide continued support to those who work on the “front lines” of our schools–the office staff. In this one-day workshop designed for administrative assistants and school office personnel, participants will learn ways to navigate the complexities of their job. Justin will share strategies for de-escalating stressful interactions with parents, staff, and students, and for managing the challenging emotions that are an inherent part of working in a school office. Participants will discover how to create systems for productive workflow and effective problem-solving, building a culture of continuous improvement in their school office.
Participants will learn:
- how to create and uphold boundaries for a safe, productive, and professional office environment.
- verbal and non-verbal responses used to calm people down and engage them in problem-solving.
- protocols for working as a team to deal with emotionally demanding situations.
- systems for dealing with time-sensitive paperwork.
- self-service systems that decrease interruptions and increase work completion.
- how to protect the time needed for focused tasks.
- how to have honest conversations with your administrative team to get the support and resources needed to succeed.
Registration and Continental Breakfast 8:00 am — 8:30 am
Lunch is provided.
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].