“How Leadership Works” – Doug Fisher
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
"Engagement by Design" -Doug Fisher
October 27, 2022
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
invites you to a workshop that supports leadership development for leading teaching, learning and change.
“How Leadership Works”
(Your choice of an In-Person (Medinah Shrine Center) or Virtual Workshop)
October 27, 2022
Illinois Administrators’ Academy Credit # 3807 – Leadership and Learning: Implementing a Change Process
Douglas Fisher, Ph.D., is Professor of Educational Leadership at San Diego State University and a leader at Health Sciences High & Middle College. He has served as a teacher, language development specialist, and administrator in public schools and non-profit organizations, including 8 years as the Director of Professional Development for the City Heights Collaborative, a time of increased student achievement in some of San Diego’s urban schools. Doug has engaged in Professional Learning Communities for several decades, building teams that design and implement systems to impact teaching and learning. He has published numerous books related to this topic.
This workshop will support leaders’ ability to effectively lead instruction and implement instructional programs or initiatives. During this workshop Dr. Fisher will focus on what works best–emphasizing the essential mindframes, current research, and practical approaches that lead to the improvement of instruction. Attendees will discuss specific practices to strengthen instructional leadership, cultivate a learning-focused culture for staff and students and leverage implementation to successfully lead change.
Participants will be able to execute strategies which enable them to effectively lead instruction, learning and change.
- Identify personal strengths and opportunities using the 10 mindframes for instructional leaders
- Improve instruction by using high effect strategies like the teacher clarity and student engagement strategies
- Lead the PLC process for improved teacher learning
- Create a school climate the fosters collaborative learning and growth
- Lead change by working through the three phases of change and supporting people through the change process
- How to lead the implementation process for new initiatives
- Participate in honest self-reflection using the exercises and prompts to direct self-improvement for instructional leadership
NOTE: Registration cost includes a copy of Doug Fisher’s How Leadership Works, which will be sent to each attendee prior to the event.
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 10 people, the 10th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 or email [email protected] to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].