Emerging Leaders Academy
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- August 5, 2019 - October 7, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
EMERGING LEADERS ACADEMY
“Developing the Next Generation of School Leaders”
The Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) invites school administrators to encourage/support teachers, team leaders, counselors, instructional coaches, coordinators, department chairs, and deans who want to train as the next generation of school leaders. The Emerging Leaders Academy is an innovative program designed to develop the leadership capacity of talented potential school leaders who have a genuine interest and show promise to serve as future school administrators. This pathway will connect theory and practice so aspiring school leaders can develop the necessary, critical attributes of school leadership. This Program prepares future school leaders and supports those presently in leadership positions who wish to continue to learn, develop, and grow.
- Have greater clarity about their knowledge and work as aspiring school leaders.
- Identify the challenges associated with their future role as school leaders.
- Develop new strategies in knowing and understanding themselves, their colleagues, current leaders, and school culture.
- Reach out beyond their boundaries as future school leaders.
- Develop their own personal leadership vision for success.
- Create an action plan for applying the content of the presentations in the development of their work as future leaders.
- Connect with other aspiring school leaders in a professional learning community environment.
This year long, highly engaging and active learning program will be a serious examination of topics such as:
- instructional and transformational leadership;
- leadership and communication style assessments;
- strategic thinking and visioning;
- school culture and climate;
- leading change;
- supervision and evaluation;
- courageous conversations;
- systems and time management;
all of which will propel the participants to envision themselves as future school leaders.
To view the ELA Candidate Selection Attributes, click HERE
Medinah Shrine Center
550 North Shriners Drive
Addison, IL 60101
Monday, August 5, 2019
Monday, October 7, 2019 (Legal Breakfast)
Monday, December 2, 2019 (Legal Breakfast)
Monday, February 3, 2020
Monday, March 2, 2020 (Legal Breakfast)
Monday, June 8, 2020
Legal Breakfasts: 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
EMERGING LEADERS ACADEMY: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Participants will attend six (6) full day sessions at a cost of $750 per person and can be paid by using ESSA Title II funds. Your registration fee will also include a complimentary MPC membership and an invitation to attend the Legal Breakfast Series at no charge. Additionally, ELA attendees can earn PD/CEU credits provided through the Midwest Principals’ Center. An application for Administrators’ Academy has been submitted to ISBE. Approval pending.
Bill Melsheimer is…
- a retired public school principal and private school head/superintendent with 37 years of administrative experience.
- founder and president of a consultancy providing strategic services in instructional/transformational leadership, visioning, change management, team building, group facilitation, and culture-climate studies.
- an Advisory Board member for the Midwest Principals’ Center (MPC) which provides professional development for school and district leaders.
- a leadership coach trained in the C.L.A.S.S. Blended Coaching Model developed by the New Teacher Center, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with over 1,000 hours of coaching experience serving and supporting school and district leaders.
- an associate with the administrative search firm Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Ltd.
- a former senior associate with the ECRA Group and was lead consultant for strategic planning.
- a former adjunct and associate professor of Educational Leadership for Northeastern Illinois and National Louis Universities, respectively, and a clinical faculty member of the Center for Urban Education Leadership, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].