Elena Aguilar – Coaching and Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- November 12, 2019
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Elena Aguilar – Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators
November 12, 2019
Elena Aguilar, founder and president of Bright Morning Consulting, has trained thousands of educators across the United States and abroad in transformational coaching and team development. She is a regular contributor for Edutopia and EdWeek Teacher and has written the highly acclaimed books The Art of Coaching (2013) and The Art of Coaching Teams(2016). Elena’s expertise is derived from 20+ years as a classroom teacher, instructional coach and leadership coach working in diverse school environments. Elena’s experiences in partnering with leaders in public and private organizations led her to discover the connections between our ways of “being” and ways of “doing”. In her newest book, Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators (2018), Elena offers a path to resiliency to help educators thrive as a result of the learning gained in challenging moments and experiences.
Overview: This day-long workshop highlights the powerful connection between emotional well-being and providing high quality, effective, and rigorous instruction to all students. Participants will learn about the habits and dispositions of emotionally resilient educators and will learn how to cultivate these habits in themselves and in others. By identifying situations in which resilience can be cultivated, along with a range of strategies to employ, we can help to ensure we are working in, teaching in, and leading organizations where every child thrives, and where the potential of every child is recognized and nurtured.
- Understand the twelve habits of emotional resilience and the dispositions of an emotionally resilient educator
- Learn and practice strategies for building these elements
- Identify their own emotional resilience strengths and areas for development
- Recognize the impact that emotional resilience can have on a staff, community, and school
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].