Yong Zhao – World Class Learners: Educating Creative & Entrepreneurial Students
You're currently not logged in. You must login for member pricing.
Check to see if your district is a member:
If your district is listed in the drop down menu AND this is your 1st registration since Aug. 2, 2016, you must register your membership once by clicking "Join Now" and then selecting “Individual Partner Membership”.
If you have already registered since Aug. 2, 2016, simply click "Login Now" and provide user name and password.Join Now Login Now
- October 4, 2018
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Eligible for Illinois PD Credit and CEU Credit
Yong Zhao is a Foundation Distinguished Professor in the School of Education at the University of Kansas. He is also a professorial fellow at the Mitchell Institute for Health and Education Policy, Victoria University in Australia. He previously served as the Presidential Chair and Director of the Institute for Global and Online Education in the College of Education, University of Oregon, where he was also a Professor in the Department of Educational Measurement, Policy, and Leadership. Prior joining Oregon, Yong Zhao was University Distinguished Professor at the College of Education, Michigan State University, where he also served as the founding director of the Center for Teaching and Technology, executive director of the Confucius Institute , as well as the US-China Center for Research on Educational Excellence.
Prepare your students for the globalized world! In the new global economy, the jobs that exist now might not exist by the time today’s students enter the workplace. To succeed in this ever-changing world, students need to be able to think like entrepreneurs: resourceful, flexible, creative, and global. Researcher and Professor Yong Zhao unlocks the secrets to cultivating independent thinkers who are willing and able to use their learning differently to create jobs and contribute positively to the globalized society. World Class Learners presents concepts that teachers, administrators and even parents can implement immediately, including how to:
• Understand the entrepreneurial spirit and harness it
• Foster student autonomy and leadership
• Champion inventive learners with necessary resources
• Develop global partners and resources With the liberty to make meaningful decisions and explore nontraditional learning opportunities, today’s students will develop into tomorrow’s global entrepreneurs.
Registration and Continental Breakfast 8:00am-8:30am
Venue: Medinah Shrine Center
- All registrations will be confirmed by email.
- If you register 15 people, the 15th registration is free. Call 847-851-2256 to receive this discount.
- Cancellations must be received at least 5 business days before the program event in order for refunds to be made. A $10 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations.
- If you have questions or need assistance in registering, call Tresie at 847-851-2256 or email her at [email protected].